In its continuous effort to promote green living and awareness on proper solid waste management, Greenhills Shopping Center continues the fifth run of Cash for Scrap: A Recyclers’ Bazaar on June 29.
One of Metro Manila’s most-loved retail destinations is now calling everyone to participate and to bring their recyclable wastes this Sunday to the Parking 1, fronting G-Strip Building between 8 AM to 12 NN. Cash for Scrap 5 will be participated by Manila’s top recyclers—the core of the event’s success when it started four years ago.
“Cash for Scrap continues to draw in more support year after year. In 2013 alone, we were able to gather over 2,000kg of paper products, 1,650 kg of used lead acid batteries, among other forms of recyclable and reusable waste,” says Cathy Ko, General Manager of Greenhills Shopping Center.
Interested individuals and groups may bring the following:
- Paper products: Newspapers, cartons, magazines, notebooks, old books, telephone directories, and more
- Plastic products: PET bottles, used but clean plastic bags, sando bags, plastic sachets, plastic straws, and more
- Electronic wastes: Non-working electronic & electrical appliances, household batteries, cellphone batteries and chargers, CPU’s & monitors, laptops, digital cameras, telephones, fax machines, printers, scanners, keyboards, and others.
- Aluminum cans of soda and other beverages
- Clean and dry Polystyrene sytro
- Tetra Pak cartons
- Doy packs of juice and shampoo sachets
- Used printer ink cartridges
- Used cooking oil
“Beyond used products and goods, this year we invite everyone to also bring notebooks, usable bags and pens, and other school supplies, which they could generously donate. We will be gathering all of these and we will be sharing them with Caritas Manila who will be distributing the school supplies to the children who have none,” adds Ko.
The Recyclers’ Bazaar is co-presented by National Solid Waste Management Commission under the Department of Environmental and Natural Resources, Barangays Greenhills and Wack-Wack, Solid Waste Management Association of the Philippines, and Ortigas & Company.
Ortigas & Co., the developer behind some of Metro Manila’s most-loved residential communities such as Valle Verde and Greenhills Subdivisions, as well as known shopping destinations such as Greenhills Shopping Center and Tiendesitas, practices proper waste management in all its residential and commercial projects.
For more information, you may call Ms. Mona Lauraya at 721.05.72 local 707 or visit www.Greenhills.com.ph. Also watch out for more announcements and like us on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/greenhillsofficial